Apr 16, 2008

Our Poor Jenny Dog

Ok so last night was sad....

We got home from having a blast at Joe's Crab Shack were the kids got totally dirty playing with all their friends at the play ground...

Toss them in the tub and then the phone rings...

"Hi Mom, whats up?"

Mom says "Oh I am so sorry to tell you this.... but Jenny dog got out and we can't find her."

- Background Info - "Jenny Dog" as we all call her is technically Aaron's dog. She was a Christmas present to him from me a year before Kaitlyn was born... she is a little miniature Dachshund . She has lived with my parents though for the last 2 1/2 years. My parents took all three of the dogs with them to Big Bear this week....

Me "but it's 7:30pm... how long has she been gone? Can she survive the cold weather?"

Mom "ummm...... a few hours.... I've been driving all around and talking to people, no one has seen her... it's getting dark and I'm afraid she might freeze to death or be eaten..."

Me "ummm...ok.... well I have to get the kids out of the tub and into bed. We will pray that she is safe and you find her in the morning."

Mom " Ok sweetheart, I'm so sorry...." (mom trying not to cry)

- Later as I put Kaitlyn to bed -

"Kaitlyn...ummm.. mommy has to tell you something..."

So I tell her all about how Jenny got out of the yard and is now lost and scared and we need to pray and ask God to protect her and keep her safe so Grandma can find her in the morning.

Kaitlyn " Dear God, please keep Jenny dog safe so she is not scared and lonely (starting to cry) help Grandma to find her in the morning, Amen."

I was trying so hard not to cry... I was already really sad about her getting out and being lost in Big Bear, but to hear Kaitlyn pray so earnestly and seeing her get upset did me in.

So this morning we get a call from my dad... "WE FOUND JENNY DOG"

So yeah, good news!! But... she has puncture wounds on both sides of her abdomen, and is in shock... but she will be ok.. She is at the Vet in Big Bear, they are going to keep her overnight for tonight only to make sure everything is ok.

Good thing, cuz I don't think I could handle telling my kids that their favorite dog died...

Here is the most recent picture I've taken with the girls and the dogs.. Jenny is the one all the way on the right, the skinny little thing.





1 comment:

Ryan, Jane, Nate and Zach said...

Bummer.
What punctured her?